The Safari Pack List
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO PACK ON YOUR SAFARI:
- Open-toed shoes (Fine for game drives and walking around camp during the heat of the day)
- Closed shoes for evening dinners and any safari walks you wish to do.
- Long-sleeved blouse/shirt for outside evening dinners and protection from the sun.
- Long trousers for evening dinners.
- A fleece for dinner and early-morning drives (The temperature can drop below 15 degrees C in the early morning)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Waterproof jacket if you come in the green season (December-March) for afternoon showers
- Mosquito spray and bug repellent
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)
- Bite and itch cream
- Malaria medication
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Batteries with charger and connections
Pack for a Purpose
Mwagusicamp supports the Pack for a Purpose charity, that asks travellers to consider packing 5 lbs (2.27 kgs) of supplies needed in the place they are travelling to. The charity website lists lodgings in each country along with the things they need for local community project. Click on the logo for more details: